- Red and White Fleet is one of the oldest businesses operating in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- In 1892, a seventeen-year-old Thomas Crowley launched the company by buying a Whitehall boat with $80 he had saved.
- The company’s tour boat business began operations in 1915 to serve the Panama–Pacific International Exposition, a world’s fair held in San Francisco that year.
- Red and White Fleet is the first –and original– boat cruise business operating in the San Francisco Bay Area, operating since prior to Touring Era.
- Red and White Fleet offers an award-winning audio tour of the San Francisco Bay Area. The audio tour is included on both the Golden Gate Bay Cruise and the Bridge 2 Bridge Cruise in 16 different languages.
- A family-owned company, Red and White Fleet is committed to environmental sustainability and community education.
- We wish to serve our guests in any way we can. If you have questions or concerns before, during, or after your trip, please do not hesitate to reach out!
Dating back to 1892, view Red and White Fleet’s long and rich history serving the San Francisco Bay community.Learn More
Learn more about Red and White Fleet’s dedication and commitment to environmental sustainability and the future of marine propulsion.Learn More
Meet the Fleet
Explore details about our fleet’s current lineup and see what to expect from each of our vessels to help choose which options are best for you.Learn More
Red and White Fleet offers audio tours in 16 languages: English, Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Thai, and Vietnamese.Learn More
Need to know how to get here? Do you have any questions about parking or mass transit? We have the answers!Learn More
Cruises Around Alcatraz
Everything you need to know viewing America’s most infamous prison from one of our vessels.Learn more
San Francisco Harbor Tours
Learn a little bit more about what we do and what else we offer, plus some tips and helpful hints on what do once you arrive here.Learn more