- Red and White is a piece of San Francisco history and one of the oldest businesses operating in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- In 1892, a seventeen-year-old Thomas Crowley launched the company by buying a Whitehall boat with $80 he had saved. He used it to supply the tall ships anchored in San Francisco Bay.
- The company's tour boat business began operations in 1915 to serve the Panama–Pacific International Exposition, a world's fair held in San Francisco that year.
- Even today, Red and White is still independent - family owned and operated.
- The product we sell is a memory. The memory of seeing, feeling and hearing San Francisco and the Bay from the water, maybe for the first time, The friendliness of our staff, the quality of our vessels, the rich content of our narration, the delicious food and drinks onboard, all contribute to creating the best memories for our guests.
- We are committed to environmental sustainability and community education.
- We wish to serve our guests any way we can. If you have questions or concerns before, during, or after your trip, please reach out!
Dating back to 1892, view Red and White's long and rich history serving the San Francisco Bay community.
Learn more about Red and White's dedication and commitment to environmental sustainability and the future of marine propulsion.
Meet the Fleet
Explore each of our vessels in detail and see what to expect onboard
Red and White Fleet offers audio tours in 16 languages: English, Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Thai, and Vietnamese.
Need to know how to get here? Do you have any questions about parking or mass transit? We have the answers!
Cruises Around Alcatraz
Everything you need to know viewing America's most infamous prison from one of our vessels.
San Francisco Harbor Tours
Learn a little bit more about what we do and what else we offer, plus some tips and helpful hints on what do once you arrive here.